Welcome to my journey to be normal!

"Normal" has always been an enigma to me. Always the class clown, akward with glasses in 3rd grade, and overweight (and even sometimes obese) for as long as I can remember. I want and need to make some changes so that I can be normal. I've been on this journey for about three years, but now it's time to make those last steps to my destination.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sorry! And the Experiment.

Sorry that I've been MIA for a while.  It's been a crazy week.  Mom fights, weather, general stress.

Update:  my mom does love me, even though she doesn't say it, but she heard my concerns and actually said it the other day.  And I'm OK with that.

So, my experiment.  I'm a week and a half in, and I'm LOVING it.  I might even say that I'm starting to feel….normal.

Jen is getting normal????

Now, I know that this is not permanent.  I will slip.  I may even gain weight - but not a lot.  I haven't had a lot of temptations, but I know they will come.

I have eaten mindfully.  I've even had one of those damn chocolate-covered pretzels almost each work day - but only one.  I haven't wanted to have more.  I've packed my lunches, and made healthy foods for dinner.  I've worked out in some way most days, still nursing my aching back.  I walked a 5k on the treadmill on Saturday as part of a virtual 5k hosted by another blogger.  I went to a Night at the Races this weekend, and while I did have too many adult drinks, I was very good with the endless food that was there.

I lost 1.8 pounds last week.

I know that I am not "cured."

But I'm starting to feel that this must be how regular people go about their day.  They are not thinking about what food they will eat that day, or how many points the food is, or how many points they have left.

I don't plan to just start dropping pounds by doing this.  But my hope is that this is retraining my brain to think about food when needed in a healthy manner.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the week, and ahead to "normal."

No comments:

Post a Comment