Welcome to my journey to be normal!

"Normal" has always been an enigma to me. Always the class clown, akward with glasses in 3rd grade, and overweight (and even sometimes obese) for as long as I can remember. I want and need to make some changes so that I can be normal. I've been on this journey for about three years, but now it's time to make those last steps to my destination.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I (don't) love you.

I realized something last night.  It made me sad.

I cannot remember one time when my mother has said the words "I love you" to me.

Yes, she does lots of things for me, and I'm pretty sure that she does love me, but she's never said it.  

I'm married and have a daughter. We NEVER leave each other (going to school, leaving the house, saying goodnight, hanging up the phone) without saying "I love you."

My good friends and I close our emails with those words - at least "love you."

But my own mother has never said it.  

We had a big fight the other afternoon, and we haven't talked since.  We are very different people, and that's fine.  All humans are different, even mothers and their children.   But it's not right that the things that are different are maligned.  

In any case, there's no "I love you."  I never really thought about it much until last night.

It's burning in my heart - it feels like something has to break out.

Maybe this will explain some things?

No comments:

Post a Comment