Welcome to my journey to be normal!

"Normal" has always been an enigma to me. Always the class clown, akward with glasses in 3rd grade, and overweight (and even sometimes obese) for as long as I can remember. I want and need to make some changes so that I can be normal. I've been on this journey for about three years, but now it's time to make those last steps to my destination.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Friend Makin Monday

A blogger that I've read for quite a while started this years ago - so I'm finally going to oblige!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
friend makin mondays
Friend Makin’ Mondays
1.  What has been your happiest moment in 2014 so far?  On Friday, one of the inspirational email sites sent a message that it was the first day of the most exciting times of my life.   I immediately took that to mean that my husband was going to get the great job that he was interviewing that day.  Shortly thereafter, he texted me to say that the interview was postponed.  I was upset - but then I realized that the the first day of the most exciting time of MY life should be about ME!!  I thought about the changes that I want to make this year - from getting healthy, to making more time to do the things that I like to do - and that made me very happy!
2. Share the last compliment you received.  Gee - I don't even know.  At a party on Saturday night, a friend said they liked the dip I bought.  Lame, I know.
3.  What is one thing that you plan to accomplish in the next week? I NEED to get moving this week, as in moving my body.  I vow to get back to exercise this week!
4.  What is your favorite TV show currently on air? The Goldbergs
5.  If you could go anywhere in the world free for the next two weeks, where you go?  Disney World.  I love my Disney!
6.  Describe a significant event in your life that caused you to change your values system.  I've been going to see my good friend that is practicing her Reiki training.  While I haven't totally changed my values system, I have been thinking more about happiness and how I need to see the good in what I currently have, and not always think about what I don't have.
7.  What made you decide to live where you currently live?  I'm a born and bread Pittsburgher - a no-brainer.
8.  What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about GOD? That it's a sham.  Not that I don't believe that there may be a God - but who am I to say that there is only one, and that all of the people who believe in other religions are wrong?  I do not practice any religion.
9.  If you could have a long conversation with someone famous (and alive now) who would you choose?  I honestly don't know, and I've been sitting here for a free minutes trying to think of someone.  I don't watch a lot of TV or movies, so I can't think of anyone in particular that I love. Maybe I should go out of the box - maybe Barack Obama?  I guess he qualifies as famous!
10.  List three things that you’re thankful for today.  
  • That my daughter and husband are safe and healthy.
  • I'm able to work from home tomorrow, rather than travel in with the bitter temperatures.
  • My hubby FINALLY had his interview for that job this morning and it went well.

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions on your blog.  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments.  I’ve been gone for a while, but I hope that you all will welcome me back into your blogging world.  Happy Monday, and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment