Welcome to my journey to be normal!

"Normal" has always been an enigma to me. Always the class clown, akward with glasses in 3rd grade, and overweight (and even sometimes obese) for as long as I can remember. I want and need to make some changes so that I can be normal. I've been on this journey for about three years, but now it's time to make those last steps to my destination.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Getting it all out there

I was just reading one of my fave blogs, All The Weigh, and Kenzie posted an awesome questionairre that she found from another blogger, so why not pass it on??  This falls just at the right time, because I've been wanting to get all of this info out on my blog, both for myself and for anyone else out there who might be reading.  Thanks, Kenz!

1. What was your highest weight, what do you weigh right now and what is your goal weight?

The highest weight that I can remember was in September of 1999 - 275 pounds!  Yikes.  I currently weigh 187 (which is still unbelievable to me!).  I'm always conflicted with my goal weight.  I always say 175, because that's what I was in high school and it sounds like a confortable number, but I would still be overweight.  So it really should be about 160.  That just seems unobtainable to me, but it's all in my mind!

2. What is your #1 motivation for losing weight?

I want to be considered normal... (Same as Kenz).  I feel that I've never been normal.  My #1.5 motivation is my daughter.  She is 5 1/2 years old and already overweight.  I'm trying so hard to teach her to be healthy, but I have to SHOW her how it's done.

3. Have you always been overweight?

Pretty much.  I was always the tallest girl, and developed the earliest in school, so it's hard to say when I was first overweight.  But I remember being 9 years old and going to Sears to the misses department to by shirts and pants from the Cheryl Tieggs collection.  Horror!

4. When you want to give up what inspires you to keep going?

I think about how far I've come, and what is still left to be accomplished.  And I think about my daughter and how I have to do this for her future as well as mine.

5. What is the #1 thing you look forward to when you hit your goal weight?

Shopping until I drop.  And I have a reward in mind - that my hubby and I take a trip to New York.  I've been around the world, but never to New York!

6. Do you have support on your weight loss journey?

Yes - mostly my hubby and daughter, and I have a friend who is on the same journey, so we share a LOT!

7. What is your favorite exercise?

Probably Turbo Jam.  I don't like machines - they're too boring.  I would rather be dancing and kicking around.  I really want to try a Zumba DVD soon.

8. What is the most important thing you have learned on your weight loss journey?

That first and foremost, I have to be on this journey for myself.  Once I'm happy, other things will fall into place.

9. What is one thing you have given up that you miss the most?

I haven't really haven't given up anything.  Sometimes I think I should - I do have some trigger foods that I try to limit, but I've learned that I can't punish meself by not enjoying treats from time to time.

10. What is your strategy for losing weight?

Just keep on keepin' on.  It's a journey that will NEVER end, so you just have to live with it.  Basically, it's calories in and calories out, but it's hard to think that way without it taking over your life.  You just have to take it day by day.


These questions have made me think about just far I've come, and that I don't have a huge distance left to go.  I have to stop being so lazy and just doing what I feel that I want to do.  I don't really want to eat a whole pizza.  I want to be healthy and normal.

Jen

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, Zumba! I've never tried it but keep hearing about it. Let us know if you find a good DVD for it.

    ReplyDelete