Welcome to my journey to be normal!

"Normal" has always been an enigma to me. Always the class clown, akward with glasses in 3rd grade, and overweight (and even sometimes obese) for as long as I can remember. I want and need to make some changes so that I can be normal. I've been on this journey for about three years, but now it's time to make those last steps to my destination.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Decisions

TGIF!

So I found out yesterday that the Weight Watcher meetings that I've been anxiously waiting to begin are now not happening.  It was to be an At-Work meeting, and they didn't have enough people interested to join.  I did a lot of thinking, and talking to a friend.  I don't want to attend another meeting, because it's just not convenient.  I know that's a lame excuse, huh?  But that doesn't mean that I don't want to continue with this journey.

WW assures us that they will start the work meetings in January, you know, when all of the holiday bingers are ready to make their New Year's Resolutions and take off the 20 pounds they just put on.  So until then, my friend and I are going to have our OWN meetings.  I made up little weigh-in booklets for us, and we're going to be accountable to each other each week.  We already meet for lunch during the week, and we're always talking about little tips that we find, so this will just be an extention of our regular lunch.  We're even going to give each other stickers for good things that we do!

It might sound corny, but I NEED someone or thing to be accountable to - not just myself.  You would think that I would be my own toughest judge, but I'm really my own manipulator.  I can argue myself out of anything.  I think a lot of people have that problem, and that's why WW is so successful.

On Tuesday, I will meet my friend and HONESTLY tell her my fate, and she will do the same.  But I think I see some stickers coming my way!

Have a good weekend!
Jen

1 comment:

  1. It's ridiculous how motivating those stickers can be! I love them, and am always so excited when I get a new one. Yes, I am five years old. Actually, I think the reason I like them so much is that it's a little non-food reward that adds up to a visual reminder of successes and keeps me going. I think it's fantastic that you're forging ahead to make your own personal meetings. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete