Welcome to my journey to be normal!

"Normal" has always been an enigma to me. Always the class clown, akward with glasses in 3rd grade, and overweight (and even sometimes obese) for as long as I can remember. I want and need to make some changes so that I can be normal. I've been on this journey for about three years, but now it's time to make those last steps to my destination.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rainy days and bad news always get me down

It's a VERY rainy day here today.  I didn't even mind it when I had to take my daughter to the bus stop, or the slower traffic in to work, or getting the bottoms of my pant legs all wet to walk from the car to the office.  I don't even mind being at work, since it's not a very nice day to running around. 

But then I heard from my WW friend that our meetings won't be starting this coming Monday - since this will be an At-Work meeting, they need at least 15 people to run them.  Right now they only have 8!  So they've pushed it back a week to try to get more people - and if they don't, then no meeting at all! 

Now I'm down.  I have to get back to being healthy and I CANNOT put off my health for another week.  My friend and I have pledged to each other to have our own meeting on Monday over lunchtime, and we will begin the process, real WW meeting or not. 

It HAS to be up to ME!  I can't put my life in the hands of 15 that may or may not even exist.  It's time to take control.  Can I do it?

2 comments:

  1. You CAN do it! Look at how far you've come already. That's fantastic! And you could always do WW online, and then have your friend to keep you accountable with your self-made meetings. You might even inspire enough of your coworkers to join so that you have enough for an official group. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte - thanks so much for your encouragement! I will be checking out your blog today - I've been lax!!

    ReplyDelete